You could also serve this with rice instead of wraps. Simply add a tin of drained cooked kidney beans to the mix.
- 6oz mince, preferably lean
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pint of hot beef stock (from a cube is fine)
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of mild chilli powder (or more if you like it hotter)
- 4 wraps
Dry fry the mince in a frying pan over a medium heat until the mince is browned. If there’s oil from the mince left in the pan, carefully drain it away.
Add the onions and the peppers and cook for about five minutes.
Next add the flour and mix until everything is coated in the flour. Add to the stock the Oregano, tomato puree and chilli powder and give it a quick stir.
Turn the heat up to high and pour the stock into the pan then mix well.
Turn the heat down until the mix is simmering and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the mixture is thick. Stir several times during cooking to stop the mix from sticking to the pan.
Heat the wraps in a microwave according to the instructions on the packet.
Spoon the mix into a warmed bowl and serve with shredded lettuce.
All the weights are in ‘old money’. If you want them in Metric, you’ll have to convert it yourself….