Sunday, March 04, 2007

Total Eclipse Of The Moon


As I write this it’s raining and it looks set in for the night. I’m very glad it wasn’t like this yesterday.

I spent a part of last night standing out in the street minding a camera on a tripod. It wasn’t as though I was the only one either. All up and down the street there were little knots of people watching. One sad soul even brought out his laptop so he could follow the eclipse on an astronomy website. I stuck to taking photographs.


The picture is part of one of a set of larger images. In the originals you can see the surrounding stars and can follow the moon’s path through the starfield.

John

For the technically minded the image was shot with a 150mm lens (on 4/3 format it’s equivalent to 300mm on a 35mm system). Exposure was 10 seconds at f/8.


No comments: