Thursday, October 27, 2005

Rhapsody in blue makes me see red

We bought ourselves a DVD writer a couple of months ago so I’m slowly starting to copy the stuff from video onto DVD.

Today was the turn of the film Rhapsody in Blue. I set the video away to play, then pressed the record button on the DVD writer. The little light said it was recording so left it to play merrily to itself.

50 minutes later I came back into the room and noticed that the machine wasn’t recording. After fiddling with it for a bit I realised that I had a dud blank DVD.

No problem, I’ll set it away to record again.

Everything seemed to be going fine until I noticed that I had set it to record at standard speed so would only get 2 hours on the DVD. I couldn’t remember how long the film had to run but didn’t think it was longer than 2 hours.

2 hours and 17 minutes to be exact. The machine must have known that I was willing it not to stop at 2 hours so kept going until it reached 2 hours and 15 minutes…..

I was not amused. However it only missed off a little bit of the end so I wasn’t bothered. John on the other hand was, so I had to record it once again.

Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Marie & John! Love your blog name, BOGOF, brilliant!! I can keep an eye on you now... x

Anonymous said...

Oo-er ! ! !
Big Brother Jenny is watching us....

Better watch what we say :-)

Marie & John