Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Numb, numb

I’m pleased to report that I was able to get an emergency appointment at my dentist this afternoon so didn’t need to add the dental hospital to my list of A&E’s visited this year.

Having been poked, prodded and x-rayed, nothing untoward was found so she decided to remove the existing filling just in case it was leaking.

While she was busy drilling it occurred to her that she could do the small filling and polish which were still outstanding *.

I came away from the dentist £42.40 poorer and with an extremely numb mouth having had both side of my mouth frozen…

Fingers crossed my tooth will be ok as I don’t have much luck when it comes to toothache. The last two occasions resulted in paying a fortune for the pleasure (or should that be torture ! ! ! ) in having them removed.

Marie

* My original appointment was 13th February but couldn’t make it because of my ankle. It was re-scheduled to 8th May but my dentist slipped a disk in her neck so the next available appointment was 25th July.

No comments: