Sunday, January 07, 2007

Credit card workout

Yesterday I gave my credit card a bit of a workout.

Firstly we went to Matalan. Unlike some people (won’t mention names just in case they happen to read this and decide to sue….) I don’t have any hang ups with shopping there. Unfortunately they didn’t have what we were looking for. However I did buy John five new work shirts and myself 10 new pairs of socks.

Then it was off to B&Q. No it wasn’t to complain – but to have a look at some power tools for John. Sadly their range was pretty poor so we did leave empty handed. No matter as he’s found what he’s looking for in the Screwfix catalogue and much cheaper than B&Q.

Next it was the turn of PC World. My keyboard needs replacing and as I’m going to be spending more time bashing away at it, I thought I’d treat myself to something decent. Sadly their range was pretty poor as well so decided to stick with what I’ve got for now.

Leaving PC World empty handed is extremely rare. John decided to spend some of his Christmas money on some computer bits (I know what it does but can’t think of it’s name ! ! !) and I bought two SIM games and a family tree CD.

Finally it was the bed shop. We’ve been thinking about getting a new bed for a while but never got round to it, so thought as we were passing the shop we’d just take a look and see what they had. We left with a new bed being delivered in the next two weeks….

Sadly time was getting on so we didn’t have time to check out the carpet places as we’re going to replace the carpets in the main bedroom and my work room, along with the bathroom. Yes I know carpets in bathrooms are unhygienic but me, wet feet and slippery floors do not mix ! ! !

Marie

No comments: