Sunday, February 25, 2007

Another round up of the news

Sorry folks for the lack of blogs. Google asked us to update our blog and up until Friday night we couldn’t log in…

So what news is there to report.

As expected my man didn’t buy a new television and yes she did have a good moan about them to the poor assistants.

Bought a pattern and some fabric for my gala dinner dress. As always I made a toile* but I’m not happy with style of the dress. It really emphasises my bust (and I don’t need any extra help in that department ! ! !) and it just doesn’t look right. It’s a shame as I really liked the pattern. However I have plenty of patterns from previous gala dinner dresses so all is not lost.

The diet is going pretty well with only a couple of little slip up, mainly on the alcohol side – hey we’re trying our best you know ! ! ! I’ve set myself little target treats so only six more pounds to lose and I will be rewarded with my first treat – the remainder of my Angel DVD’s.

I’ve decided as my bones and joints are telling me I’m no longer 21, I better start taking care of them (and that includes not falling down the stairs again…). So I’ve ordered some supplements to give them a bit of a boost. I’m not normally a good pill taker (I even keep forgetting to take my IBS tablets) but if they do me some good and keep me from having more surgery, which I definitely don’t want, then I’m prepared to give it a go.

I’m pleased to report following my little escapade on Friday, my bum is still a bit sore and I’m a little stiff but I’m not as bad as it was. However it set my pains off which isn’t so good…

Some medicinal wine and cheese (good for the bones as it contains calcium…) for me tonight.

Marie

* A toile is a dressmaking term for test garment.

No comments: