Saturday, May 01, 2010

Challenges update

Back in January I set myself some challenges - to read two books a month, finish off the blankets that I was crocheting and knitting and complete the two projects I was cross stitching.

So far this year I’ve managed to read:

Home in time for breakfast – a WW1 diary
MASH an army surgeon in Korea
Rescue me – my life with the Battersea dogs
Voices from the Home Front
Remember, Remember, the 5th November (history of Britain in bite size chunks)

Not quite the two a month I was hoping for, but considering I’m a slow reader, I don’t think that’s too bad.

As you can see I’ve finished my crochet blanket.



I also finished chart number three (out of nine) on one of my cross stitch projects.



Here’s to the next few months…

Marie

1 comment:

Jennysmith said...

Well I'M impressed,Marie. My own lists are Woman's Weekly, My Weekly, YOU on Sunday magazine, Woman's Weekly..... Well you get the picture.

Read Dorothy Whipple - she's wonderful. I've got one of her books you can have actually. Will send.

Your blanket is lovely. You are so so talented. Will you use it for yourself and JOhn to snuggle under? Looks too nice to use tho' xxxxx