Sunday, January 28, 2007

Having the right tools for the job

Marie has a laptop computer. It's a Compaq Presario something or other and it hasn't been very well for the past few years. It needed a new keyboard about two years ago and it began misbehaving soon after. About eighteen months ago it packed up and refused to work.

Santa brought me a screwdriver set which included a set of torq bits. The sort you need to dismantle laptop computers. So tonight I decided to give it a go. Nothing ventured and all that.

I took the computer out of it's packaging and got the tools ready. Before I started I plugged in the power supply and pressed the on/off switch.

You can guess what's coming can't you. Yes - it started. And I'm using it to type this blog.

So there you are. All you need to fix a computer is the right tools.

John

No comments: