Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Ten things beginning with...

Paul posted a ‘ten things I like’ on his Gottle blog and those who commented on his post would be given a letter to use in our own ‘ten things…’. He gave me the letter ‘L’.

So here’s my ‘ten things beginning with “L” that I like’.

Livorno: A city on the western edge of Tuscany. We visited it when we were on our cruise.

Oscar Levant: an American pianist, composer, actor and friend of the Gershwins.

Lemons: Some of my best baking uses lemons – lemon drizzle cake; lemon sponge; ‘Chilled Lemon’ tart.

Lollys: The ‘FAB’ ones or any that have hundreds and thousands on. They take me right back to childhood.

Ivan Lendl: He is my favourite tennis player of all time

Left handed: Strange as it may seem but I like being left handed. It’s a very exclusive club – Alexander the Great, Michelangelo, Hans Christian Andersen, Queen Victoria, Steve McQueen, Douglas Adams all were left handed.

Lottery: A couple of years ago we got five numbers on the lottery and won £2461. One more number and we would have had a half share of £8m.

Land before Time film: It’s my favourite cartoon film. However I can’t watch it without a box of tissues handy – I’m a big softie !!!!

Licking the mixing bowl: It has to be one of life’s little pleasures, licking the mixing bowl after making a cake.

Lilt zero: The pineapple and grapefruit drink. Straight from the fridge, it’s lovely and refreshing.

A challenge for myself, the ten things beginning With “A to Z (minus L”) that I like’…

Marie

2 comments:

Jennysmith said...

Well, that's impressed me. What a highbrow list!

Hope you're well xxxx

Marie and John said...

Thanks Jenny.

I think I might have set myself a challenge doing the whole alphabet.

I might be struggling for 10 things beginning with z or q.....

xxx