Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Setback

Marie saw the Consultant yesterday. It looks as though the infection has not gone away so it’s on to some new antibiotics and another week of wait-and-see. Of course, being the NHS, the antibiotics took eight hours to arrive.

And if that doesn’t fix the problem it may be a trip back to theatre for another, more thorough wash-out of the wound, which could add another week.

Needless to say we’re not at all happy, considering how close Marie was to getting home. It will be five weeks on Thursday since Marie was admitted.

John

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bloody hell, poor Marie. Please give her LOTS of love & hugs from us

Jenny

silver horde said...

Just catching up with this news!! Poor Marie, all this must be so frustrating, not to say painful. Please give her my kind regards.
(I'm an internet friend of Paul's and Jenny's) My husband has an artificial hip, ceramic and metal, so I'm very interested in the failure of M's hip. How long had she had it? Was the squeaking a sign that it was not right? Simon says his squeaks now and again.
Hope things start to improve very soon!

John said...

A squeaking or creaking hip can be serious. It can be a sign that the lining has worn away so you should seek medical advice sooner rather than later.

I'm loathe to put my e-mail address on a public forum, but if you ask Paul or Jenny they will surely provide it. Mail me and I'll give you as much detail as I can.

John

Anonymous said...

Sorting it out as I type... :o)

Jenny